Model: Eclipse GS

Mileage: 152,052 on body
16,200 on rebuilt motor and transmission

Transmission: Automatic

Color: White w/tan interior

Title: Clear in hand

VIN: 4A3AK44Y1XE123676

Price: $4200

Up for sale is my 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse. It is the 10th anniversary edition model, which comes with all power options, cruise control, sunroof, leather interior, fog lights, and special 16in OZ Racing F-1 Cup wheels. It also comes equipped with special silver-faced gauges versus the normal black-faced gauges, plus the edition of the factory turbo model spoiler.

At 136,758 miles I had the engine and transmission rebuilt. I have all receipts of the work done. All new bearings, new pistons and new rings were installed. All new timing components were also replaced, including the timing belt, tensioner and pulleys. A rebuilt head was also installed. I have every single oil change receipt since the rebuild.

A few months ago the engine started slowly leaking coolant from somewhere but I could never quite find out from where. Then recently the timing belt broke and I found out that it was a faulty water pump that was leaking onto the belt causing it to break. As a result of the timing belt breaking, six intake valves in the head bent. So I had a machine shop do a valve job on the head, which included replacing the bent valves, replacing the seals and resurfacing it. I put a brand new timing belt and a new water pump. While everything was apart, I also changed out the alternator belt, the power steering and A/C belt, and also the top radiator hose. All the recent work was done by my father who is a master auto technician. I have spent more money on the engine and the transmission than the car is worth. It drives great now. I also have some performance upgrades.

Engine:
MSD blaster coil
MSD 8.5 mm super conductor spark plug wires
Aftermarket header
Tanabe Touring Medallion exhaust system

Suspension:
H&R OE Sport lowering springs (1.2in lower front, 1.0in lower in rear)
Tokico Blue shocks
DC Sports rear lower tie bar
Factory upgraded 2 piston front calipers and larger rotors from a GSX

Audio:
Kenwood headunit
Kenwood speakers (6 ½ fronts, 6x9 rears)
Bazooka tube 10in subwoofer with built in 300 watt amplifier

If you are looking for a fast car to race, this is NOT for you. This car is not in any way fast. If you are looking for a great daily driver with ice cold a/c, look no further. I just bought another car and a have no room for four cars and I would rather spend my money on my other projects.

There are only a couple of things that may need attention. The sunroof DOES leak. It has to rain for a while but eventually water does get in. I have not really cared about finding it because it does not bother me much but I can try to figure it out if buyer wants. The passenger side CV boot is busted and is shooting out a little grease. These are small problems that I do not really feel like fixing or spending any money on but if someone really wants the car for my asking price, I will see about fixing them.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have. I will tell you everything I know about this car. Call or text.

Pictures will be taken tomorrow.

---Aaron
(832)-659-1738

Talon4ever
11-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Sorry guys, I'm having trouble posting pictures. If you are really interested let me know, so I can e-mail them to you.

Talon4ever
11-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Finally got some pics.

The car will not come with the wheels and tires shown. It will come with the stock 16in OZ F-1 Cups and I am currently looking for decent tires for them.

Talon4ever
11-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Car has been sold.