PDA

View Full Version : 2G GST, 6 bolt, ready for a good home

gsxturboIII
05-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Hey guys,

I was over at FIST racing getting a waterpump replaced and Mike mentioned this would be a great place to sell my '98 GST.

I have owned this car since summer of 2000. This was my primary transportation from Sugar Land to Tomball (~35 miles one way) everyday for 4 years. I purchased the car with a salvage title and replaced the bumper, hood and front fenders, car had no mechanical damage. The car passed inspection and was given a rebuilt title.

The past two years my younger sister has driven the car to get to school. She has since bought her own car and now the GST just sits in the driveway.

I still have a money-pit 1g GSX, that lives in the garage, so I don't have much use for the 2g anymore.

Details:
* Year: 1998 Mitsu GST, maroon paint, beige leather interior, sunroof, chrome factory 16's, infinity sound system, cold a/c
* VIN: 4a3ak54f2we128744
* Title Status: Rebuilt
* Mileage: 110,00 (body), 50,000 engine
* Auto/Manual: Manual
* Mods:
3 inch turbo-back exhaust, Apexi dunk catback
1990 block with 1g pistons/big rods
6-bolt swap using RRE method: http://www.roadraceengineering.com/2g6boltmotorinstall.htm
ceramic coated main bearings (clevite)
small 16g turbo
ACT 2100 clutch
stainless clutch line
homemade carbon fiber sparkplug cover
Koyo Aluminum radiator
aftermarket slimline fans (ac and primary)
1g crushed bov
new waterpump, alternator, battery
safc
momo steering wheel

* Price: $4500

Pics of the car: http://dsmtuners.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=6364

Issues with the car:

The attached pictures are a little dated, the hood, bumper and front fenders have oxidation and need a fesh coat of clear or a good buffing.

Oil leak I believe from the oil return on the turbo

4th gear pops out

If interested drop me a PM or give me a call: 281-798-5576

Thanks

CornFed1320
05-14-2006, 06:26 PM
bump for damn good price

misterfutureboy
05-14-2006, 06:54 PM
OMG, I'am tempted to make a move, but I don't know.....bump for a deal!

CornFed1320
05-14-2006, 10:01 PM
JEFF!!!!.....u should jump on this if that talon never goes through....

BWT2.0RACER
05-14-2006, 10:53 PM
JEFF!!!!.....u should jump on this if that talon never goes through....

You think this one?

Yea, owner "re-nigged" on selling white Talon. They kept saying "come out for a test drive" .. then they would call back minutes later "will have to wait for another time" for one reason or another.

Will PM owner of this one. Am kinda picky about things but will look into this nonetheless.

James92TSi
05-15-2006, 03:17 AM
Jeff I didn't look this car over mechanically (since I'm not interested in another one anytime in the near future), but the interior was nice from what I could tell. Plan on it needing paint, the oxidation on the front end is probably beyond buffing out (IMO)... you might get lucky with it, you might not.

No idea on mechanical condition since I wasn't inspecting the car. I just saw it and looked over the paint situation. FIST would have an idea. ;)

BWT2.0RACER
05-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Jeff I didn't look this car over mechanically (since I'm not interested in another one anytime in the near future), but the interior was nice from what I could tell. Plan on it needing paint, the oxidation on the front end is probably beyond buffing out (IMO)... you might get lucky with it, you might not.

No idea on mechanical condition since I wasn't inspecting the car. I just saw it and looked over the paint situation. FIST would have an idea. ;)

Thanks James for your opinion.

Owner has PM'ed me and I plan on meeting up this weekend if I can squeeze in some time.

gsxturboIII
05-31-2006, 11:18 AM
Hey guys car is still available. If there is any interest, let me know.

Thanks
Dennis

christsbane
07-17-2006, 10:37 PM
accepting trades? i have a gsr teg

gstspyder
07-18-2006, 12:17 AM
u still have the car ? havea buddy intrested

BoostKrazyTSI
07-20-2006, 02:32 AM
interested. why does 4th gear pop out and when does it pop out? ill ask rob and mike how much to get the minor problems fixed and ill let u know.

gsxturboIII
07-25-2006, 11:55 AM
Hey guys, car is sold to BoostKrazyTSI. Thanks again to everyone for all the interest and thread bumps. Glad to see the car go to a true DSM enthusiast!

--Dennis :thumb

DV8
07-25-2006, 12:03 PM
congrats!
/thread.