PDA

View Full Version : Painful night at the track..

fastvtgsx
01-29-2007, 02:21 PM
I went to HRP yesterday to see what my baseline would be.

Set her up, did a quick burnout, and staged.

Lights went down and I launched at like 5k-5.5k. I heard this BANG, and take off, shifted out of 1st at 6k, I knew something happened just couldn't figure out what yet. Got back into it in 2nd, still knew something was up, shifted out of 2nd at 7k and hit it in 3rd.. Man it's shifting hard, so I pull it out and coast to the end of the track. Goes into all the gears but it's harder, I put my hand on the shifter and give it gas and let off, shifter moves a good 3-4 inchs... Broken motor mount.. I'm pretty sure it's the rear one. And people say Honda's don't have torque. Apparently they have enough. :no

I still managed a 2.2 60 which obviously wasn't what I was going for, but I also broke on the launch and shifted at 6k.

Here's what it looks like-
65mph
17.08 @ 64 mph

Needless to say I was pissed.

Adamc
01-29-2007, 04:25 PM
I went to HRP yesterday to see what my baseline would be.

Set her up, did a quick burnout, and staged.

Lights went down and I launched at like 5k-5.5k. I heard this BANG, and take off, shifted out of 1st at 6k, I knew something happened just couldn't figure out what yet. Got back into it in 2nd, still knew something was up, shifted out of 2nd at 7k and hit it in 3rd.. Man it's shifting hard, so I pull it out and coast to the end of the track. Goes into all the gears but it's harder, I put my hand on the shifter and give it gas and let off, shifter moves a good 3-4 inchs... Broken motor mount.. I'm pretty sure it's the rear one. And people say Honda's don't have torque. Apparently they have enough. :no

I still managed a 2.2 60 which obviously wasn't what I was going for, but I also broke on the launch and shifted at 6k.

Here's what it looks like-
65mph
17.08 @ 64 mph

Needless to say I was pissed.

Buy the mounts from Gillman Honda, get the street strip ones. I will help ya change it out if ya need

asian312
01-29-2007, 05:15 PM
It sucks to find out something broke, but then again that's racing. LMK when you get that patched up and head back out to the track. I'd like to see how the two cars fair down the 1320.

fastvtgsx
01-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Buy the mounts from Gillman Honda, get the street strip ones. I will help ya change it out if ya need
That sounds expensive as hell... But looking at it today it looks like I broke a bolt. I hope that's all it is.

It sucks to find out something broke, but then again that's racing. LMK when you get that patched up and head back out to the track. I'd like to see how the two cars fair down the 1320.

I will definitely let you know, I'd like to line up at the track. :thumb Maybe I'll have a little insurance by that time.. :shhh: :keke

dantheman
01-30-2007, 12:06 AM
you shouldnt need insurance against a 2g GSX with a 14b at 13psi and no other mods besides a clutch. kevs car is almost as stock as it comes from mitsu.