PDA

View Full Version : New August Meet Poll

Tx97gsx
08-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Since the old thread had too many choices, I cut it down to the top 3.

Ryan
08-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Man you guys are crazy. I think this is the 3rd thread about an August meet.

CornFed1320
08-07-2007, 12:00 PM
so when and where and what we gonna do? im down for either 3 but chose food cause ive been hungry for a couple days now

DSM Nexus
08-07-2007, 12:03 PM
I dont think I am going to go now to an august meet. I need to know in advance. But several people that I know are going to go to HMP not HRP on the 10th. I missheard the information.

Ponch
08-07-2007, 12:43 PM
I dont think the august meet is going to happen at this rate. Since i like the track meet so much...i am voting for it again :)

DSM Nexus
08-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Ponch, come to hmp on the 10th, you will get to see my girl all made up. I dont have any pics right now.

Ponch
08-07-2007, 12:58 PM
i am not a fan of 1/8 mile running. If i am going to subject my car to hard launches, its running down a full 1/4 mile track.

BOOSTN
08-07-2007, 01:21 PM
well the deal that ponch had gotten is very good and if i remember correctly we would be leaving from kehma and there is allot of places to choose from for food

beezwax
08-07-2007, 01:29 PM
this is so retarded..... HRP or BBQ

Ryan
08-07-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm actually down for a BBQ but I stopped planning them a while back. Of course we did have bad timing and held them during the winter...that sucked. But yeah another BBQ would be great.

DSMKAMIKAZE
08-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Ponch, come to hmp on the 10th, you will get to see my girl all made up. I dont have any pics right now.

are you lending out your gf??...if so i call next.

TX97GST
08-07-2007, 09:17 PM
I voted HRP, but if it is a BBQ it should be at someone's house! Preferable one with a nifty beer cooler! :D:D

beezwax
08-07-2007, 09:19 PM
I voted HRP, but if it is a BBQ it should be at someone's house! Preferable one with a nifty beer cooler! :D:D

werd on the beer cooler.... there are lots of reasons to have a BBQ then go to HRP..... hail to the beer gods from above... I'll be getting my drink on FOSHO!!!

dantheman
08-07-2007, 09:37 PM
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell people about my cooler.

you should see the fridge now, we just moved the left overs into the fridge.

DSMKAMIKAZE
08-07-2007, 10:33 PM
i want bbq!!..i can bring fajitas!!

delSkunk
08-08-2007, 02:16 AM
im in for both a bbq and the track. my .02......track early, leave early, bbq for dinner+lots of beer. beer before track-not so good. ive never been to hmp either. im pretty sure h-i does a meet there on fridays. dont get me wrong, i hate the h-i crowd too, but its prolly better than getting the stink eye from toothless rednecks. my book-o-stereotypes says they hang out there. lol

TurbosRFunny
08-08-2007, 02:25 AM
BBQ would be nice, depending on day though i might not be able to attend any meets this month.

delSkunk
08-08-2007, 02:27 AM
lame dood, i still havent seen your eclipse in person. what days are you avalible?

DSM Nexus
08-08-2007, 04:12 AM

:lurk::wtf::asshole:rant::finger:nutkick:offtopic: :x:unsure

:yourmom

beezwax
08-08-2007, 08:12 AM

Ryan
08-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Beer and HRP do NOT mix.

beezwax
08-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Beer and HRP do NOT mix.

the hell they don't..... drunk racing FTMFTW!!!

Ryan
08-08-2007, 09:30 AM
the hell they don't..... drunk racing FTMFTW!!!

Um no.

awdgocart
08-08-2007, 09:30 AM
what day is this going to be again?

Ponch
08-08-2007, 09:32 AM
So whats the date for this?

Tx97gsx
08-08-2007, 09:35 AM
If I go to HRP, I want to make sure I'm not racing Ben when he is drunk.

Wouldn't matter anyway, I would be so far ahead of him anyway. lol :poke

beezwax
08-08-2007, 09:46 AM
c'mon guys.... yo don't think I serious do you

Tx97gsx
08-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Yeah we know Ben, but I was serious about the second part that I put down...lol

beezwax
08-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Yeah we know Ben, but I was serious about the second part that I put down...lol

LAWLZ!!! I want my car running again damn it

TurbosRFunny
08-08-2007, 01:22 PM
lame dood, i still havent seen your eclipse in person. what days are you avalible?

Me? haha

Usually just saturdays and sundays, but this month we are scheduled for a few saturdays as well. It really is uglier in RL than in the pics :lol

delSkunk
08-08-2007, 04:11 PM
well find a day youre off and start preaching in every thread about the meet that you can. theres gonna be a meet decided on eventually, get in on it.

hiboost96
08-08-2007, 04:14 PM
I live off of scarsdale and 45s(beltway and 45s).

I have a cooler (tub for a sink) in my garage that we can use for the cooler.Doubt we can overflow it.I also have a gas grill and two bathrooms.lol.We all know that maters. I was going to have some peeps over anyways so why not .I'm not to far from the track
If thats cool with everyone my house is open.
If so pm me for address and cell #
ltr
Michael

delSkunk
08-08-2007, 04:17 PM
hey now, that sounds like a plan. thanks michael. anyone aginst this idea?

+1 im in.

hiboost96
08-08-2007, 04:32 PM
I have some red fish ,trout,and some shark meat i can grill as well. If this is a go we need to get a list of foood to bring to split between every one,if possible

Ponch
08-08-2007, 04:39 PM
what track are you referring to? I dont do 1/8 mile runs.

hiboost96
08-08-2007, 04:46 PM
the one we went to last time

delSkunk
08-08-2007, 05:24 PM
hes talking about hrp patrick. hmp-1/8-is up on the NE side of town at the beltway and east mount houston rd., close to me.

BOOSTN
08-08-2007, 08:31 PM
thats sounds good to me also hiboost96

bbq n beer + track sounds like fun

im in +2

hiboost96
08-08-2007, 09:15 PM
I have horseshoes and a fooseball table as well.Ah the good ol'drunkin foose games.

BOOSTN
08-08-2007, 09:17 PM
sounds like fun hiboost96

when will we have a date for the meet??

hiboost96
08-08-2007, 09:55 PM
who wants to bring what?

hiboost96
08-08-2007, 10:17 PM
so are we wanting to do this this sat or next,either way i'm going to have a bbq this weekend

DMDBCK
08-08-2007, 10:24 PM
I have some red fish ,trout,and some shark meat i can grill as well. If this is a go we need to get a list of foood to bring to split between every one,if possible

Just everyone bring a dish or a side or whatever and byob.

beezwax
08-09-2007, 07:57 AM
that sounds like a great idea... I'll be there this weekend Mike!

as far as it being our next meet.... thats prolly gonna be up to the people who have to drive.

DMDBCK
08-09-2007, 08:43 AM
that sounds like a great idea... I'll be there this weekend Mike!

as far as it being our next meet.... thats prolly gonna be up to the people who have to drive.

Hmm...there seem's to be a red eclipse in my drive way....know who it might belong to?=)

See anyone who comes Sat...I"ll be at the house about 8 myself since I have to work.

beezwax
08-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Hmm...there seem's to be a red eclipse in my drive way....know who it might belong to?=)

See anyone who comes Sat...I"ll be at the house about 8 myself since I have to work.

she's my redhead.... you can't have her... but I really do appreciate Mike's and yours help greatly

DMDBCK
08-09-2007, 08:52 AM
she's my redhead.... you can't have her... but I really do appreciate Mike's and yours help greatly

Haha...sorry but all I have offered is driveway space=) Michael does the hard work on that one....and usually mine too

( though yesterday I fenagled 2 new tires for the cost of certs only , $31 ,when only 1 needed to be changed due to my suspension problem and it was due to suspension problem ioriginally that they wheren't going to do it anyways on the certs, cause when I ask for things like that I get a better response from guys then goatee wearing Michael does=) hehe just living high on that one today=)

I have to admit though I LOVED the conversation the other night with a friend who was looking at our cars side by side and said " I don't know what it is because they are so much alike but yours just looks better....like cooler".

hehe

beezwax
08-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Haha...sorry but all I have offered is driveway space=) Michael does the hard work on that one....and usually mine too

( though yesterday I fenagled 2 new tires for the cost of certs only , $31 ,when only 1 needed to be changed due to my suspension problem and it was due to suspension problem ioriginally that they wheren't going to do it anyways on the certs, cause when I ask for things like that I get a better response from guys then goatee wearing Michael does=) hehe just living high on that one today=)

I have to admit though I LOVED the conversation the other night with a friend who was looking at our cars side by side and said " I don't know what it is because they are so much alike but yours just looks better....like cooler".

hehe

mine is cooler? because I think your's is cooler.... it's running.. coolness level is in outer space.

DMDBCK
08-09-2007, 11:21 PM
mine is cooler? because I think your's is cooler.... it's running.. coolness level is in outer space.

No...he was referring to MINE=) hehe....no offense...the thing about yours is how frickin clean it is...btw...when I come Sat....the payment for driveway space can be a full detail on my car=) haha...joking....I'm off tomorrow and plan to get out there and give her a bath but don't want to jinx things and make it rain for Sat!

delSkunk
08-09-2007, 11:38 PM
so whats the deal? is anyone going to the track this weekend? who is gonna make an official meet thread? has anyone decided on an official meet yet?

DMDBCK
08-10-2007, 11:18 AM
so whats the deal? is anyone going to the track this weekend? who is gonna make an official meet thread? has anyone decided on an official meet yet?

Whether official or not there is track day and BBQ this Sat...tomorrow at our house, pm for info.

Heck...at this point it's time to make official meet notices for next month!

Ryan
08-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Alright I'm tired of seeing this crap go on over 3 thread. The concensus is that there's a BBQ and possible track meet afterwards. Peggy since the BBQ is going to be held at your place can you please make a new thread here in this section about the August BBQ Meet at your house? You don't have to post your address publicly if you don't want to. You can request that people PM for the address, it's up to you. Just make sure you put down a time.

I'd recommend an afternoon BBQ since the track opens at 3 and closes at 8.

All the poll threads will be locked.

Ryan
08-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Okay I talked to Peggy and we are up in the air about something. Her and Michael were planning on doing the BBQ / Track thing on a Saturday which is fine by me but I thought the track wasn't open for regular track racing like on Sundays. I thought it was reserved for events. Can someone chime in and clear this up?

DMDBCK
08-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Even without the track the BBQ and anyone who wants to mess with cars is on since that was our original thing ( in the bbq sat thread in local events) We have My car ( that will show up at 8 ) , Michael's 2g, Ben's 1g and someone elses Talon at our house being worked on right now so there is always BBQ, shop talk and fooseball in the house and stuff. If the track happenes to be open it's close by our house....there are events going on even if you can't race your own cars though too.

This bbq still doesn't have to be the official August meet...but it's still fun, cars and friends and food....so what else do you need? Come have some fun and enjoy the end of Summer. ( well, it's Texas so it's not quite the end but...we can wish=)

It's also a good time for anyone who wants to learn on their cars if they are new, work and tinker, help Ben out getting his on the road and STAY on the road, help us set up our data logger since we have it...just having trouble with it ( knowledge on that part) and lot's of tool's and even anyone who wants to can bring stuff they are selling /giving away and basically turn it into a swap and sale meet too.

Here's the deal....if there is track time that day...track before BBQ so therefore track before drinking....safer and more fun without the trouble.

So...BBQ at the house starts officially at 6:pm.....but anyone who wants to head over earlier in the day....starting around 11:am....to play with cars with Michael and his good selection of tools can since he'll be staying at the house all day tinkering with Ben's car mostly and pulling an engine from a Talon he's working on.

I think a lot of you have already PM'ed and know what's up so just plan for a summer day of good times.
PM for address and cell number if needed or give Michael a call to let him know you want to come over early for playing with the cars.

BYOB and a dish of whatever.

delSkunk
08-10-2007, 01:12 PM
well ill be making my way out there whenever i get away, i may have to work a little in the morning. somewhere between 1pm and 4pm.

DV8
08-10-2007, 01:44 PM
i like this idea. reminds me of the old tech days. track isn't necessary but always welcomed.

delSkunk
08-10-2007, 01:55 PM
yah i wont be going to the track tomorrow. hows your ride coming along johnny?

Ryan
08-10-2007, 02:30 PM
i like this idea. reminds me of the old tech days. track isn't necessary but always welcomed.

That's what I was thinking, but quite a few people mentioned the track as well. I think the BBQ is enough.

Tx97gsx
08-10-2007, 02:33 PM
someone pm me the location, I might make it to the bbq.

DV8
08-10-2007, 03:57 PM
the camaro is still the same. i hadn't driven it since the southside hooters meet, so it needed some attention.

the tranny will let me into 3rd gear with some grinding, but it won't let it out of 3rd. i thought i was going to break the shift lever trying to get it out. 4th gear grinds a lil also. the rest of the gears are fine.

delSkunk
08-10-2007, 05:54 PM
that really sux man. you planning on getting fixed soon? we miss ya out there. :D

BOOSTN
08-13-2007, 04:08 PM
so when and where are we going to have this meet???and a head count could be helpful toolol

Ponch
08-13-2007, 04:51 PM
dude, i dotn think this is going to happen. Shit, we are halfway through the month. Its time to start looking toward september.

James92TSi
08-13-2007, 05:44 PM
dude, i dotn think this is going to happen. Shit, we are halfway through the month. Its time to start looking toward september.
+1. We only have this weekend and next weekend, then it's September already. That is too last-minute for most people.

I know a lot of effort was made to try and come up with new ideas to keep from doing the same old thing. But really, the interest here is cars. If I go eat at hooters and stand around in a parking lot with a bunch of car people who aren't tools, then I'm happy. I don't have to (or really want to) go fishing or do yoga or whatever the fuck else. Food + cars + hang out and BS. Simple.

beezwax
08-13-2007, 06:00 PM
+1. We only have this weekend and next weekend, then it's September already. That is too last-minute for most people.

I know a lot of effort was made to try and come up with new ideas to keep from doing the same old thing. But really, the interest here is cars. If I go eat at hooters and stand around in a parking lot with a bunch of car people who aren't tools, then I'm happy. I don't have to (or really want to) go fishing or do yoga or whatever the fuck else. Food + cars + hang out and BS. Simple.

werd to yo momma James!!!

3 meets have been successful... May/June/July...

if we start throwing ideas around for new things, complications arise and people start backing down because they aren't interested...

The original plan by going to hooters and then something else aftwards is an easy plan.

Lets just do Hooters again and BS in the parkiing lot... I don't give a fuck WHERE we go... the point is that more and more people GTFO to these meets...

WERD!!!!

BOOSTN
08-13-2007, 09:41 PM
well someone can pick a hooters to meet up at and a date to hold the meet

awdgocart
08-14-2007, 07:29 AM

I say we do it labor day weekend because I'll be home :thumb

Ryan
08-14-2007, 09:51 AM

That's kinda how I felt all along and figured we'd just keep sticking to that plan but everyone else wanted to start doing other things so I just sat back and figured what the hell, let em figure it out. Apparently that didn't work out to well.

So from here on out we're going to just keep things simple. If you want to have a more creative meet on your own you're more than welcome to put something up in the Local Events.