PDA

View Full Version : Ponch visits HRP

Ponch
10-12-2007, 11:57 PM
So my boss wanted to visit the track and run his Shelby GT and as most of you know I am a race junky and of course say "hell yeah". I have a full bottle and running on some nitto invos (street tires not DR's) plus the weather was great.

I approach the box, go around the water and heat up my nittos until i see white smoke. I let up on the pedal and let the car take itself up the the staging beams. I was in the left lane and a blazer SS in the right. One beam....two beam....bring rpms up to 1100 (stock stall) and 1..2...3...floor it! The Trailblazer SS jumps out a full 1.5 cars (AWD FTW). I look over and was like WTF!!!! Nitrous activates at 2100 rpm and the car slams me in the seat, this never happens on the street. That blazer no longer looks impressive and in fact seems as if he hit the brakes...well he didnt, it was just me going that much faster.

The car screams down the quarter and I notice my injectors must be maxed out because on the top end i notice my AF ratio creep up a little. I stay in it as its not really a big deal and trigger the 1/4 lights. I tried to look over as I crossed but couldnt see the board. Run felt good but didnt know how good.

I pull up the old lady in the booth at the end of the track to get my ticket. She looks at my car...looks at the ticket..she looks in the car....looks at the ticket...she looks at me and says "Pull over there and wait". Shit, I'm thinking maybe something happened to my car and i put liquid on the track.

Some track guy walks over with my slip...radios the tech guys up front and describes my car. He hands over the slip and this is what i see.

R/T.........663
60".........1.821
1/8.........7.356
MPH........99.15
1/4........11.316
MPH.......123.93

I now know why he pulled me over. No more track time for me until I get a cage!!! Hell yeah!!!! I can live with that!!!! I tell the guy, I am leaving so dont worry about me trying to run the quarter again and he said alright.

In my mind this is a 10 second car with drag radials. Once i get injectors I am going to mount the wheels Johnny gave me and slap on MT's with a 150-175 dry shot.

BTW...this was my third run. Because I tuned the car initially in the hot weather, this really cool night messed with my tune and I was running lean the first two runs but still managed 11.7's on both with 1.99 60's and highest trap being 124.22. I still have a lot left in the car especially on the timing side. Running a measly 19 degrees.

Ponch Performance Inc.

Tech2uned
10-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Holy shit, nice man! I remember when you were struggling to get into the 11's, but now you are that much closer to 10's! Sweet man, great work!

TurbosRFunny
10-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Grats Ponch :thumb

HUGE jump from your last visit to the track with us.

Ponch
10-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks guys..much appreciated. Once I hit 10's I will be done with this car and start another project *hint* 4 banger

delSkunk
10-13-2007, 12:21 AM
damn 123! thats a nasty trap. i want to put the juice on the mazda but i dont have a cool grand to drop right now....and it takes away from my turbo project. hopefully after christmas we shall have another rematch.

dantheman
10-13-2007, 12:22 AM
congrats ponch.

im proud to see you do it yourself as well.

talonturbotsi94
10-13-2007, 01:22 AM
dam nice run ponch. good to see you getting some real good times out of that car.

Black Majik
10-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Damn Ponch, I really, really want to tell you congratulations for a job well done, but on the other hand, you B.S. so much I don't know if you are telling the truth this time, or just messing with us again.......I really want to be excited for you, so I guess congratulations if it's true.

CornFed1320
10-13-2007, 09:03 AM
good job on gettin kicked off....thats always a good goal to go after...lol

Ponch
10-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Damn Ponch, I really, really want to tell you congratulations for a job well done, but on the other hand, you B.S. so much I don't know if you are telling the truth this time, or just messing with us again.......I really want to be excited for you, so I guess congratulations if it's true.

I BS quite a bit but never on actual timeslips. I have the 3 runs if you guys ever want to see them.

I'll try to get them scanned in for yall. I was supposed to be videotaped last night but the camera person back out!!

Captain Blacki McBlackerton
10-13-2007, 09:36 AM
I BS quite a bit but never on actual timeslips. I have the 3 runs if you guys ever want to see them.

I'll try to get them scanned in for yall. I was supposed to be videotaped last night but the camera person back out!!
Then ya shoulda called me

rigbender
10-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Damn, Ponch. Congratulations.

Black Majik
10-13-2007, 09:39 AM

As long as you've been playing with your car I have hoped you would take it to the next level like you have been working on. I always want to see my friends go faster. Like I said, I really want this for you, and I hope this really happened. It's just when you cry wolf so many times..........

Ponch
10-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Then ya shoulda called me

Man, i had your number in my old phone but it crapped out on me. Plus, it was sorta a last minute deal.

Damn, Ponch. Congratulations.
Thanks Rigbender!

As long as you've been playing with your car I have hoped you would take it to the next level like you have been working on. I always want to see my friends go faster. Like I said, I really want this for you, and I hope this really happened. It's just when you cry wolf so many times..........

Well, considering I only got the car not even a year ago I havent done too bad. And the only time you hear me B.S is about getting people to race me....never about the actual race. I have also bought every mod and car I said I was going to buy. Maybe not at that exact moment but I did nonetheless.

This run is legit and will have it scanned in. OH yeah, I will have those injectors in and mount some MT's in a month or two.

Black Majik
10-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Well, considering I only got the car not even a year ago I havent done too bad.

No, no, no, you're reading me wrong. I think you've done great. That's what I was trying to convey.

And the only time you hear me B.S is about getting people to race me....never about the actual race. I have also bought every mod and car I said I was going to buy. Maybe not at that exact moment but I did nonetheless.
What I am getting at is all the times you said you were getting turbo installs, or supercharger installs, or when you said you went to the dyno and put down 4 million horsepower, only later for you to tell us that you were fucking with us. I'm sure this was only to create some mystery about your car and to fuck with people, but after a few of those......you see my point?

Ponch
10-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Honestly, I actually bought the supercharger but after reading about the countless problems I backed out and got my money back. Thats when I decided to spray and save that money for a larger motor later but I understand where you are coming from.

TurbosRFunny
10-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Rojo PM'd me and he said he wants to see the two of you kiss and make-up.

BrokenTalon27
10-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Fuckin right dude. Thats sweet.

TurbosRFunny
10-13-2007, 11:01 AM
So Ponch you planning 10's for our November track meet?

Black Majik
10-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Honestly, I actually bought the supercharger but after reading about the countless problems I backed out and got my money back. Thats when I decided to spray and save that money for a larger motor later but I understand where you are coming from.

cool, glad we are on the same page now.

Congratulations, I think you've earned it. You've worked hard to get there.:thumb

Boosted98GSX
10-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Now do that without the giggle gas :p

Ponch
10-13-2007, 04:59 PM
So Ponch you planning 10's for our November track meet?

I dont know man....depends if I get my injectors by then or not but we'll see.

Now do that without the giggle gas :p

Run your car without its turbo and let me know how it goes. BTW...I can take you down without the giggle if that's worth anything.

TurbosRFunny
10-13-2007, 06:43 PM
BTW...I can take you down without the giggle if that's worth anything.

Someone should start a thread. :freakout

DV8
10-14-2007, 01:58 PM
congrats poncho! i'm glad to see things turn around for you after all the problems you had with hpe and your dry shot. i'm glad you're doing things yourself and getting it done right.

you should just buy some half-shafts now, because once the dr's go in, the stock halfshafts are going out!

you still owe me a ride foo!

is ponch performance inc. wanting to help me with the tranny pull?

goracgo
10-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Well im glad its faster. You spent enough money on it by now. Are you getting a roll cage?