Thread: 3rd Lemon race for 90 AWD Talon

HTown-DSM.com Member Lurker Suprane1's Avatar

3rd Lemon race for 90 AWD Talon

Took our Talon back to MSR Houston for another stab at the 24 Hours of Lemon's down in Angleton, Tx. We have finally worked out most of our issue's on our $500 car. We found that we had one of the fastest cars on the track. Top 5 out of 120 cars entered. We wanted to save the car as much as we could since it is a very long race, so we made all shifts at about 5000 rpm. Even without pushing it, we still hit 120 mph on the backstretch. Although a few cars on the track would eat us up in the corners, the only car that was faster than us on the straights was a very quick Ford SHO. (thats right a 4 door) Wanted to thank Mike at Fist Racing for his technical knowledge and help in getting this car worked out. We look forward to correcting a few smaller problems and to make our car handle better for the next race in October.

Here are some great video's of the race

The first wreck is our other car getting rolled on.

And some pics of my cars

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4261134...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4261134...n/photostream/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Black Majik; 03-04-2010 at 08:06 AM. Reason: added video in post.

14.57@106 I Want To Have HTown-DSM.com's Babies CornFed1320's Avatar
    hahaha....so freakin SWEET!!!!
    92 GSX 11.8@117
    92 GVR4 #925

Someday Ill be in TX Speed Demon Scrapy's Avatar
    Ahh man, I just junked a 90 AWD shell that I could have given away for ya'll Lemons racers. I actually thought about posting it up for free here but didnt think I'd get any bites because I am so far away. A 28 hr round trip drive to pick it up probably wouldnt have been worth it lol.
    Michael
    -90 GSX- "The Mutt" 13.0@108... RIP
    -90 GSX - "The Whore" - Almost done!
    -01 Dakota- Daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by Red Alert View Post
    I'll take a look at it and measure it tonight when I get home but I believe it still has plenty of meat on it...

HTown-DSM.com Member Lurker Suprane1's Avatar

2nd $500 Talon in the works

I have started on my second Talon race car. I picked up this 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD for $50. No title and the engine is in pieces with all the bolts in a bucket and a head with bent valves. It has a beautiful set of Sparco racing wheels on it. This car is planned to be raced in the Chump Car series in Fort Worth at Texas Motor Speedway in June.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Am I there yet??? Post Junkie jmarines's Avatar
    Sounds like fun!!! I don't know if you remember me but I'm the Guy who sold you that supra smic. Hope it worked out for you

HTown-DSM.com Member Speed Demon Project90Talon's Avatar
    Where were you two months ago? I had a pretty nice 90 AWD shell you guys could have used
    '92 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD Well it was fun while it lasted, thank you Orange County Sheriff
    "The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does an oil change. It's a pity the ECU is so damn temperamental."

HTown-DSM.com Member Post Junkie
    Glad to hear you guys die well. I watched the car come flying by me a couple times and it made me mad I was not driving a dsm. I was in number 463 for 4g63 but I was driving a red tercel. We broke at the end of saturday.

The car looked great and ran well all day. I tried to find your pits so I could get a picture for my son of Lightning. We are also going to try to make the Chump car race in June.

Ciro

F.I.S.T. Racing I Am Half Human, Half HTown-DSM.com Black Majik's Avatar
    Great Job. I knew you would get there. You've put a ton of work in that car. It's all paying off now.

I can't believe there are so many wrecks out there. It's like Houston traffic.
    ‎"many conservatives are liberals who have been mugged by reality"