Thread: Lemon's race in Angleton this weekend!!

HTown-DSM.com Member Lurker Suprane1's Avatar

Lemon's race in Angleton this weekend!!

24 Hours of Lemon's is back in Houston (Angleton) this weekend at MSR. This will be the 4th race for this Talon, which we raced before as Lightning McQueen. Decided to make a change for this race and make a new Art Car theme. Here are a few pics, I will get a few more up when we get to the track and go through inspection. I think I have finally worked out all the kinks to make a $500 Talon into a road racing car. Last race this car was top 5 fastest out the 130+ cars entered. But that does not mean much as faster cars tend to break things faster. In our case the turbo bolts backed out, causing an exhaust leak that melted the timing belt cover which shredded the timing belt. The brake calipers were so cooked that they were pushing fluid past the pistons. We ended up coming in 96th overall i think. I built a bracket that forces the bolts to stay tight. Also for this race, I have upgraded the front brakes to the Mustang Cobra set up with the 13 inch rotors. This set up worked pretty well on my Landspeeder Talon that we raced in Chump earlier this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Suprane1; 09-10-2010 at 03:14 AM. Reason: poor grammar

F.I.S.T. Racing I Am Half Human, Half HTown-DSM.com Black Majik's Avatar
    holy crap, that car is looking good. Your paint jobs keep getting more fancy. Good luck this weekend
    ‎"many conservatives are liberals who have been mugged by reality"

Vanilla Gorilla I Am Half Human, Half HTown-DSM.com dantheman's Avatar
    very cool. im going to try and cruise out there this weekend and take a look see.

Quote Originally Posted by James92TSi
    what starts with M and ends with oonlanding????? U.S.A. bitch

HTown-DSM.com Member Post Junkie
    Just Got back from the test and tune. We hit a few snags but not a bad way to spend a day. How did your car do in tech? They give you a hard time?

Also for anyone that might come by, it is free admission when you go karting. It may not work for all but it will save you a few bucks if you pull it off.

Hopefully we will finish this event. unfortunately we have a slooowwww car.

Ciro

HTown-DSM.com Member Lurker Suprane1's Avatar
    We breezed through tech. Jay Lamm, the main perpatrator of LeMons, was our tech inspector and our BS judge. It was the quickest I had ever been through and he gave us 0 penalty laps. I had a bribe ready if there was going to be any trouble. After he had already signed off, I went ahead and handed him the bribe, which was a dozen Crave cupcakes. He just smiled, told me to get out of there.

We are hopeful for a finish as well. This Talon has not seen a checker yet
    Last edited by Suprane1; 09-10-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: punctuation