Thread: LeMons Racing Video

HTown-DSM.com Member Lurker Suprane1's Avatar

LeMons Racing Video

We had an in car camera in our 24 hours of LeMons race car. I wanted to share some of the videos to show what a blast a road racing DSM can be. I have a very simple camera in the car that records in 15 minute segments and then starts a new file.

Be sure to switch these from 240p to 480p for better detail, was able to get the full 15 minute files up now

Rob following Petty Cash #48 car and at end almost getting smashed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBK1977IS7c

Philip setting fast laps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_vr-6zglkA

Nathan, racing the Live Oak Nudist Club. Whats that all about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTJxKj9UFY4

Jim taking it off road, almost, passing 5 cars all at once

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QvYeGtLokA

14.57@106 I Want To Have HTown-DSM.com's Babies CornFed1320's Avatar
    freakin bad ass man!
    92 GSX 11.8@117
    92 GVR4 #925

Here are the details on the camera. It is meant as camera to record driving incidents, where it is left on, continuously recording in 15 minute segments, and then when the memory is full, overwrites the earliest files and keeps the last 24 hours when using a 16g miniSD card.

Vosonic GV6330

http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/Pro...D0E-1267019868

This set up is just so simple, we plug it in, and forget about. Since we shut off all power in the car by safety kill switch, it stops recording anytime we are not racing. It has been a great and fairly cheap solution. Since Youtube has increased the file length to accept 15 minute files, I dont even have to edit them anymore. It has been a great solution for us.

Am I there yet??? Post Junkie jmarines's Avatar
    That looks like a blast!!

Here is another video, this has one of the strangest looking Lemons car you will ever see. Its a Renault Dauphine with a Ford Taurus fwd engine and trans mounted in the rear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiPjPhGoGqg

Built, Not Bought. Super Saiyan Post Whore GSX_TC's Avatar
    Pretty Sweet vids man, Talon sounded Good!
    -Mike Valencia

91 Eclipse GSX -Cindy-(Track Car)
    90 Eclipse GST -Kerri-(Daily Driver)
    91 Galant VR4 -Samara- #550/2000 (Daily Driver)
    www.Facebook.com/GSXTC

HTown-DSM.com Member Post Junkie
    in the first video, that is our car you pass from 6:45 to 7:25.

Ciro

Quote Originally Posted by CornFed1320 View Post
    freakin bad ass man!
    when are you going to get your but on the track!!! we are going oct 16th weekend.

ciro

HTown-DSM.com Member Speed Demon Project90Talon's Avatar
    awesome vids man.
    '92 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD Well it was fun while it lasted, thank you Orange County Sheriff
    "The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does an oil change. It's a pity the ECU is so damn temperamental."

14.57@106 I Want To Have HTown-DSM.com's Babies CornFed1320's Avatar
    I need to find a team and/or a car....I joined a team for a few weeks but they wanted to many dues from me and I was just a mechanic for them.....
    92 GSX 11.8@117
    92 GVR4 #925

Quote Originally Posted by CornFed1320 View Post
    I need to find a team and/or a car....I joined a team for a few weeks but they wanted to many dues from me and I was just a mechanic for them.....
    Why did they want so much from you if you were not driving. The mechanic normally only pays $75.

I do not think it is a good idea to drive in lemons before you get some experience under your belt. There are professionals out there and novices and it makes for a volatile mix. There were 4 rollovers in the Feb. event.

That being said, you need to get the car ready and come out with us in October at the TWS for the performance driving school weekend.

Ciro

Yes, get some experience, because next race is in November for Chump cars at Harris Hill. Its supposed to be a great track.

Quote Originally Posted by Suprane1 View Post
    Yes, get some experience, because next race is in November for Chump cars at Harris Hill. Its supposed to be a great track.
    I was talking to Kevin about putting in idiot lights in our car and he came up with one that will probably help you out. Water pressure gauge or warning light. If you do not have water the temp gauges will not read correctly and not set off the warning lights till later. Of course the water blowing on to your windshield should have been an indicator but this should help.

Also have a strategy ready for over temps, Like do an in gear deceleration to run cool air through the motor and turn the heater on full, both to help remove heat from the water through the heater core, radiator and to blow cool air on the motor when you come to a stop. Because the iron block will transfer a lot of heat into the head once you are stopped with no air flow coming through the motor. you would be surprised how much heat you can pull out with a nice long in gear decel. dsm's cut fuel and ignition when that happens so the only thing going through the motor is fresh air and causes a cooling effect.

Ciro

Got a great tip from an off road racer, instead of an idiot light, they hook it up to a horn that is inside the cab, so there is no missing not seeing the light or the gauge. The horn goes off you know its bad and its time to stop!!!!