Thread: Had a little fun last night

Am I there yet??? Post Junkie jmarines's Avatar

Had a little fun last night

I was finally able to take the eclipse out for the first time last night on the new setup. Went better than I thought it would but my wheel spin is a b#tch. Met over at robins last night and a group of us went out cruising. Met alot of cool guys over at 6hwy area. Even saw some idiot get arrested for just being a dumb ass. First race was with a evo that the owner of inline racing uses as his daily driver.I was told he was pushing around 450whp in that evo. Havin a auto really slows down my throttle response. Maybe I should delete the cruise control and see if it helps. At least i have a idea how the eclipse responds without the 50 wetshot. As soon as I get my 50 shot wet kit installed I am so looking forward to seeing the difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUAUwGj6YfE

this next race was against a red evo but this evo was sick. fully built from what I understand. Wheel spin got the best of me...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxlty0boSZw

This last one was against a tundra with a 150 shot. I didnt expect to race this guy but he just wanted to have alittle fun. I gave him a huge head start just to try and make it even...didnt last very long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snAw-2Y79I4
    Last edited by jmarines; 10-10-2010 at 12:42 PM.

14.57@106 I Want To Have HTown-DSM.com's Babies CornFed1320's Avatar
    Haha we had some good runs indeed...ill try and post my vids tomorrow...that evo 10 was pretty sick

hey robin you should post up the picture of that guy getting arrested...LOL

HTown-DSM.com Member Post Junkie 91_Eagle_Talon_TSi's Avatar
    Very nice John! Glad to see your car is making progress. Was this in the Spyder?
    '91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - KSport coilovers, DSMLink v2.5 blow thru GM MAF, PTE 5557, Tial Q 50mm, Godspeed FMIC w/ custom piping, B&M oil cooler, ES full bushing kit, 4 bolt rear, Walbro 255LPH, VIS CF hood, one-piece driveshaft, plus much more...

HTown-DSM.com Member Post Junkie jake72284's Avatar
    HMM, evoX was very responsive. Saw somewhere it was maybe built or is that the white one?

Quote Originally Posted by 91_Eagle_Talon_TSi View Post
    Very nice John! Glad to see your car is making progress. Was this in the Spyder?
    Yes this was in the spyder Had a great time pushing it. It was acting kinda funny for a little bit...ie.. not wanting to hold idle very good. Typical dms.

Quote Originally Posted by jake72284 View Post
    HMM, evoX was very responsive. Saw somewhere it was maybe built or is that the white one?
    From what people had informed me the white one was just bolt on's with a great tune. The other evo was completely built. That thing was just sick! If I could picture myself in a evo... thats how it would look and feel.

HTown-DSM.com Member Bench Racer zroskyline's Avatar
    nice runs

A Force Fed Product... Speed Demon Evo_This's Avatar
    Awesome runs n cars

Defined by No One
    Contained by Nothing

I didn't spray you. Super Saiyan Post Whore laser_racer's Avatar
    You should try running that tundra from a dig it has one sick launch on it. I did the same thing to him last time we raced lol. Good runs.

F.I.S.T. Racing I Am Half Human, Half HTown-DSM.com Black Majik's Avatar
    glad to see you are finally starting to enjoy your car. good runs
    ‎"many conservatives are liberals who have been mugged by reality"

HTown-DSM.com Member Street Racer
    That was a great night, The Evo X has a stock motor with cams and a 30r on e-85

Quote Originally Posted by Crap-BOX View Post
    That was a great night, The Evo X has a stock motor with cams and a 30r on e-85
    The evo your taking about is the white one right? the owner of the red one informed me he had the motor/trans built... he was some kind of engineer if I remember correctly.

I'm kind of embarresed to admit this but I didnt know what brake boosting was when asked about it that night. All I would do is get up to speed and then punch it... my launches were SH#T!!!!! Thats the reason why everyone I ran got such a huge jump on me. Today at work I was thinking about it and decided to try some pulls brake boosting on the way home. I droped it down to second at a 40 roll.. hit the brakes and was able to build around 10-15 psi of boost right before I launched. WOW is all I can say. No lag at all..instant acc. and boost. I was smiling ear to ear! Next time I will know what to do.. I'm pretty confident I will be able too take that red evo.

2.1 strokin it Post Junkie DSM Nexus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarines View Post
    The evo your taking about is the white one right? the owner of the red one informed me he had the motor/trans built... he was some kind of engineer if I remember correctly.

I'm kind of embarresed to admit this but I didnt know what brake boosting was when asked about it that night. All I would do is get up to speed and then punch it... my launches were SH#T!!!!! Thats the reason why everyone I ran got such a huge jump on me. Today at work I was thinking about it and decided to try some pulls brake boosting on the way home. I droped it down to second at a 40 roll.. hit the brakes and was able to build around 10-15 psi of boost right before I launched. WOW is all I can say. No lag at all..instant acc. and boost. I was smiling ear to ear! Next time I will know what to do.. I'm pretty confident I will be able too take that red evo.
    Haha, gotta love the little things you learn.

14.57@106 I Want To Have HTown-DSM.com's Babies CornFed1320's Avatar
    hes gonna need all the lessons he can take....the spyder killer comes out tonight for the first time........lol j/k john....

Quote Originally Posted by CornFed1320 View Post
    ....the spyder killer comes out tonight for the first time........lol j/k john....
    LMK when u take it out.. I can head over and shoot some video of it.

Built, Not Bought. Super Saiyan Post Whore GSX_TC's Avatar
    Nice Runs man!
    -Mike Valencia

91 Eclipse GSX -Cindy-(Track Car)
    90 Eclipse GST -Kerri-(Daily Driver)
    91 Galant VR4 -Samara- #550/2000 (Daily Driver)
    www.Facebook.com/GSXTC

HTown-DSM.com Member Bench Racer
    build em up, race em, break em, build em up, race em, break em....im beginning to see a pattern...
    JK, JK...nice runs! try to keep it alive for the 29th!