Thread: Hey Guys....

Am I there yet??? Post Junkie jmarines's Avatar

Hey Guys....

I had a bad experience with a certain member on here that sold me something so I stayed away for a while.. didn't want to bad mouth him until I got all my facts lined up. I will post up another thread about him in the near future. Anyways.. Figured I would post up what I've been working lately. A lot of the local guys have been asking me when I was getting back into the dsm seen. I tried to when my son wanted one but I just couldn't get back into it like I used to be. I don't mind helping out on one but owning one just gives me the nightmares..LOL ANyways.. So we went car shopping. He settled for a 2005 Chrysler crossfire. Be before you rag on it hear me out.LOL He wanted to me to build him a drift car that could hang with the big boys. I started doing a lot of reading up on the crossfire. I was planning on just turboing the current MB v6 but I was worried about torque on the low rpm range. Before I go on.. a crossfire is a mix of 10% Chrysler and 90% Mercedes Benz. The entire motor/tranny/suspension/ and all electronics are MB. so.. I can just do a turbo install and hope for the best or I can do a V8 swap and be different. People that know me will attest I like to be different so I am going the V8 route. This should put the car around 330hp completely in stock form... Now take that hp and put it in a 2500 pound car and that will be fun. A few bolt ons should have it around 400hp .. this is where my son should have a lot of fun. Anyways... the swap isn't very difficult... currently there is a hand full of people across the world that have done this swap... maybe 8 in the us and none in Texas so this will defiantly be unique. ANyways.. I purchased a 2003 CL500 MB engine (5.0) and wiring harness. I also purchased the C43 exhaust manifolds for the swap along with the CL 500 radiator fan. The motor is a direct bolt on for the current tranny so that will not be a issue. I will be installing new clutch packs in the tranny and getting a reworked valve body to handle the extra Hp. Tuning will be taken care of Via eurocharge performance and tuning here in Houston. Here is a picture of the new V8 on the stand just waiting to get installed

230gr of awesomeness I Own Stock In HTown-DSM.com Boosted98GSX's Avatar
    Forgive me for not giving you the benefit of the doubt, but please keep your drama off this forum.

And before you respond.....

http://htown-dsm.com/forum/showthrea...nes-on-dsmtune
    Do it RIGHT or do it TWICE
    Car and Mods

Am I there yet??? Post Junkie jmarines's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosted98GSX View Post
    Forgive me for not giving you the benefit of the doubt, but please keep your drama off this forum.

And before you respond.....

http://htown-dsm.com/forum/showthrea...nes-on-dsmtune
    I think I will respond.
    1. Before you respond about drama please wait until I make the post.
    2. I was told to not respond to the above thread so im respecting that request.
    3. Read the rest of the thread. . Who knows.. you might learn something.

Built, Not Bought. Super Saiyan Post Whore GSX_TC's Avatar
    Lol John is a good guy man.
    -Mike Valencia

91 Eclipse GSX -Cindy-(Track Car)
    90 Eclipse GST -Kerri-(Daily Driver)
    91 Galant VR4 -Samara- #550/2000 (Daily Driver)
    www.Facebook.com/GSXTC